
Being that Spiderman is and always has been my favorite superhero, I was completely mortified when I saw Spiderman 3 and have been in a Spidey Daze ever since. I really hope that Raimi comes through with the 4th installment and it sounds like he shares my feelings on the subject. In an interview with cinematical.com, Raimi discusses Spiderman 4, failures, and lessons learned from them.
“I learn lessons on every single picture I make… I learned a lot on [Drag Me To Hell], about timing, and that you don’t have to give up any character at the expense of horror. It’s just an excuse that maybe I’ve used in the past. As far as Spider-Man, I’ve learned a lot of lessons about what people didn’t like and missteps that I’d made. But I learned those lessons on the previous two, I was just a little quieter about them. I made a lot of mistakes, and it’s part of the reason I so want to make this next story of Peter Parker.”
“I really think I know in my heart who the character is… I would like one more chance at it [that character]. [With] the Spider-Man films, I’ve made mistakes, but I really do look at them as things that I’ve learned, and hope that when I apply what I’ve learned to this next one, I really make a film that people enjoy and is really true to the character in a fresh, original way. That’s my goal.”
I officially can't wait for Spidey 4
Tuesday, May 19, 2009
Sam Raimi Knows Spidey 4 Needs To Be Better
Labels: Movies, Spiderman, Superheroes
Posted by Magnumbbrown at 2:52 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment